Linked report receiving wrong parameters in production but correct in dev env

• I have a very simple report which has a matrix with only 3 rows on it. The first two columns are groups. When the 3rd column (Vol) is clicked, it should jump to a report and pass in the values from the first two columns on that row of the matrix, namely Type and Acc.

Type Acc Vol Total Balance Total Arrears

TOR TWINS 85 3,763,493 1,072,273

DUPES 14 343,956 259,020

XXY 9 234,758 -7,712

This works fine in the dev environment but once deployed to production it always passes in the value on the first row of the matrix so the report always receives the parameters TOR and TWINS, never TOR and DUPES or TOR and XXY.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

• How are you building your link, and what is its value?

• Textbox properties --> Navigation --> Hyperlink action

In here I have selected Jump to Report and picked the appropriate report. I then click on parameters and enter the following

report_type =Parameters!report_type.Value

BusUnit =Fields!BusUnit.Value

LegalCode =Fields!LegalCode.Value

Do I need to mention the clicked row in any way? Could it be anything to do with the fact that BusUnit is a group and only appears on the first row?

• robin-892784 (11/4/2010)

Textbox properties --> Navigation --> Hyperlink action

In here I have selected Jump to Report and picked the appropriate report. I then click on parameters and enter the following

report_type =Parameters!report_type.Value

BusUnit =Fields!BusUnit.Value

LegalCode =Fields!LegalCode.Value

Do I need to mention the clicked row in any way? Could it be anything to do with the fact that BusUnit is a group and only appears on the first row?

I assume the hyperlink is at the row level of the LegalCode. I would try adding scoping information to both BusUnit and LegalCode. Substituting the appropriate names below.

BusUnit =(Fields!BusUnit.Value, "ScopeGroupName")

LegalCode =(Fields!LegalCode.Value, "ScopeDetailName")

• I ma receiving an error when adding the scoping information. The name of the first grouping is matrix1_BusUnit and I am using that in the scoping. Is there an issue with the syntax?

=(Fields!BusUnit.Value, "matrix1_BusUnit")

The Value expression for the textbox 'ClientRef' contains an error: [BC30198] ')' expected

Thanks for your help on this...

• The formula looks OK. The error points to a value for the textbox, not a link expression.

• If I remove the formula from the parameter settings, the error disappears, but the underlying issue still remains. For some reason setting the paramater =(Fields!BusUnit.Value, "matrix1_BusUnit") does not work.

• The following two statements work as they should...

=First(Fields!LegalCode.Value,"DataSet1")

=Last(Fields!LegalCode.Value,"DataSet1")

The first passes the first value in the dataset to the linked report

The second passes the last value in the dataset to the linked report

Is there something I can use that works between First and Last?

Using nothing as in just Fields!LegalCode.Value only ever passses the first when in production, not in the dev environment where it works fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply