Licensing SSIS for Developer Edition 2019

• Hi Friends,

I have inherited a SQL Server 2019 Development Edition that does not have any databases except the SSIS catalog and some Jobs that are needed to run every day, after checking I have find out that it is used for a Production process.

My question is,

Still I need to use a licensed Edition instead using Developer ?.

The documentation related to upgrade paths, does not mention a valid  upgrade from SQL Server DE to SQL Server Standard, only to Enterprise, which led me to doubt if it is important to talk to my boss and fix this.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/install-windows/supported-version-and-edition-upgrades-version-15?view=sql-server-ver15

Thanks for your ideas and

Best Regards

• I AM NOT A SQL LICENSING EXPERT.

But as I understand the licensing, if you do ANY production work AT ALL on the instance, then you cannot use Developer Edition for tht instance, you MUST have a licensed instance.

SQL DBA,SQL Server MVP(07, 08, 09) "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear." "Norm", on "Cheers". Also from "Cheers", from "Carla": "You need to know 3 things about Tortelli men: Tortelli men draw women like flies; Tortelli men treat women like flies; Tortelli men's brains are in their flies".

• ScottPletcher,

Thanks a lot, I am thinking how to alert my boss that we need to make an investment on this.

Thanks again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply