Learning Never Gets Old

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Learning Never Gets Old

• Learning never gets old, but WE do.  I'm 80 years and right now am preparing for an expiring driver's license and having to take an interactive exam to renew.  The preparation is all available online and interactive, and I'm going through 18 various tests in my state to prepare.  The main issue that I have is that the answer they determine to be 'correct' may not always be the one that is logical and intuitive.  I'm faced with having to spend more time trying to remember the answer that is 'required' instead of actually reasoning what is correct.

Rick
    Disaster Recovery = Backup ( Backup ( Your Backup ) )

• I've found that the culture of a company/agency is the main determiner of whether people are willing to learn from one another. Where I work people aren't interested in learning anything new, with only one or two exceptions. So, years ago I gave up trying to share what I've learned.

On the other hand, I've found user groups to be very open to learning new things. I share in my C# user group and the other members share with me. It is fun and I get a lot out of it.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply