knowing when tables are updated

• I have an out sourced  programmer that does all our SQL 2000 coding from his house. He updates tables for our new website all the time. I have two laptops that are in remote locations (not part of our network either) that need to be updated every few weeks or so. The problem is I don't have a list of tables, views or SP's that this guy updates. Short of deleting and copying the whole database everytime ( I know there is a better way to do this I am just very unfamiliar with  SQL) is there a way to know what has been recently changed/updated and can I have some kind of job or package that will update the laptops with just the changes?? The database has a different name on the laptop then the database on the server too. Any suggestions and or links are appreciated thanks.

• To me looks like delete and copying is safe, so you can always be sure the databases are in sync.  I am not sure if there is any other way, I guess you could look at sysobjects and see the create date but not a good one, and then you will have to make sure that you include all the objects tables, sps, views, constraints, indexes etc.,

Some one else may have a different way.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply