Keeping It All In Memory

• Instrumented data collection apps, especially in the medical and device control fields, would greatly benefit from IMDB instances as well.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• For the niche solutions you mention above check out the StreamInsight component that ships with SQL Server 2008 R2 (currently in beta (as of Feb 2010)).

I think you'll find it meets your needs beautifully. It ships & is licensed as part of SQL Server, but can run as a separate component hence can be configured for way less overhead than running entire SQL stack if you only need the high speed matching bits.

• StreamInsight and SQL 2008 R2 should be RTM in May 2010. See this article for more info about the release.

I'm excited about the great new features! It's a good time to be a SQL Server user!

Jon

• Streaminsight looks good, unfortunately in SS2K8 R2 it's only in data center edition 🙁

So most of us won't get to use it. We can play in Developer, but to actually deploy it would take some serious $$$$

• Steve, isn't that always how it goes? 😉

• RAM Disk is available for Windows 2008 32/64bit DataRam.com, apparently also free.

I have not downloaded it yet...:-)

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply