Job schedule un-enables itself

• I have two jobs in two seperate instances on the same server that are scheduled to run every 15 minutes (transaction log dumps) between approximately 7am and 6pm.  Oddly, when I come in every morning, the schedule is not enabled and the job isn't running, though it ran the previous night up until 5:50 or whenever.  No errors in the SQL log.  No expiration date on the job, just Mon-Fri every 15 minutes from 07:05 to 18:05.

Any thoughts?  There are other jobs on each instance that are scheduled with repeating schedules, and they're just fine.  And there are other instances on this server whose jobs are fine.

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• The only thing I could find, except for the idea that the schedule has an end date, is this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295378&Product=sql2k

It might not apply in your case if you've got a more current service pack installed.

Greg

Greg

• Thanks, Greg!  That could definitely be the problem.  I am getting that error message in the SQL Agent log, but I'd forgotten that that log was sitting out there and thus had nothing to look up.

It turns out that SP3 was not installed on any of the sub-instances of my servers: they installed service packs on the root instance, but no other instances.  All of the sub-instances are at the RTM level.  This was, of course, before I came on-board.  Now I just have to see when I can get some down-time to update my boxes.

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply