Job fails after original owner was removed from AD

• Hi,

We changed the owner of a job which runs a migrated DTS package to sqlagent before deleting a user from our Active Directory. 

Unable to determine if the owner (ACCTCOM\UserName) of job CA0_Import2 has server access (reason: Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'ACCTCOM\UserName', error code 0x534. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 15404)  The statement has been terminated. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 3621)).

I just scripted out the job and recreated it to get it to work, but what's the deal?

Thanks

Sam

• i try to post earlier but some how it didn't get posted, so re-doing again.

check the cross domain trust between SQL Service account & that user account, arethey under same domain or different domain & that user as required privilege. try this 2 links from SQL Server Central & see if that helps to resolve your issue.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/hji/managingdtspackageseditingschedulingandviewingpack.asp

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=9&messageid=278764

• I think I was a little unclear.

We had the user domain\sam as the original owner.  It was then changed to domain\sqlagent.  We then deleted domain\sam.  The job started getting errors complaining about domain\sam not being found. 

I scripted the jobs out and recreated with domain\sqlagent as the owner and they now work.

• Is it possible some of your job steps had run as user: domain\sam instead of (self)?

• The steps have "Run as SQL Service Account"

• Hi Sam

We went through a similar process to update any jobs that had user AD accounts as job owners. We found that when we made the change via Enterprise Manager it didn't always work. Making the change via a script, or indeed scripting the entire job, always resolved the issue. It sounds to me like another of those buggy little things that Enterprise Manager just isn't particularly good at.

cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply