Issue on dead lock

• "

*p

EXEC dbo.GQL @systemTypeID,@systemID,@userID,1;

"

In call like exe dbo.GQL ..... I am accessing table R on which a indexed view with name DB.dbo.AR is defined with clustered index IX_AR_RID and this is confusing. Why the index of a view is getting locked when a there is a view defined on the same? Please refer the images attached taken from dead lock graph event.

if the xsd file contents are not clear pls refer images attached.

• When I fired the following sqls : i dint got any results which is strange for me:-

Select * from Sys.Objects where object_ID =72057594049789952 OR parent_object_ID=72057594049789952

Select * from Sys.Objects where object_ID =72057594231455744 OR parent_object_ID=72057594231455744

Select * from Sys.Indexes where object_ID =72057594231455744

Select * from Sys.Indexes where object_ID =72057594049789952

What I think is I should have got some results to know on which object actuaally row is getting lcoked.

• Those aren't object_ids. Way too long to be an object id. It's partition id. Query sys.partitions with that to get the object and index id.

p.s. can you please edit your post and remove that long line of '----------------------------' that's

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Yes, I came to know while reading the blogs and from that I got the table names 🙂

I will remove the same from the post.

But I am still not getting one thing, I am accessing a table called R but the index being accessed is(from dead lock graph) which been defined on indexed view AR (table is R on which index been defined) not on the table. why is that?

best regards

• At this point, this is a cross-post with this one:

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic741702-338-1.aspx

Please don't ask the same question in multiple places. I posted a possible answer in the other location.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply