Is there anyway to clear bugs in packages

• Guys,

I am using SSDT on the VS2010 shell and it is driving me nuts.

I have a package template which I am using multiple times (Add the template to the solution and then rename, change the package GUID). I also have the connections defined in the project to share between the packages. I am getting the following errors.

On loading the solution, I am getting an error message about a connection GUID which is referenced in the packages but does not exist - It isn't displayed in the connection managers for the offending packages and the error disappears on build, but is displayed again the next time the solution is loaded into SSDT.

Even more annoying, I have a standard pattern in a DFT.

Connect to source

->Lookup record in target table

--> If found send to Conditional split to validate if record has changed

----> If not changed discard

----> If changed then send to Merge

--> If Not found then send to Merge

->Take the new and changed records and merge into a single stream

->Post to target table (OLEDB).

On the most recent package created with the template I am getting an error message from the Merge task saying that there is a duplicated/

Error at DFT - DFTName [SSIS Pipeline]: The package contains two object with tht eduplicate name of "merge.Ooutputs[Merge Output1].Columns[columnname]" and "Merge.Outputs[Merge Output1].Columns[columnname]

Error at Data Flow Task [SSIS.Pipeline]: "Merge" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISCORRUPT".

I have tried building a new DFT in the same package and building a DFT in a new package as part of the same solution. Both give the same error messages. I started a new project and did the same DFT and it all worked just fine.

If I take an existing package that is part of the solution and has a 'good' merge, delete it and add a new one, I get the same error so I am pretty sure this is a bug in SSDT rather than me doing something stupid. Any help would be much appreciated as currently the only option I have is to dumpt the entire solution and start again (and hope I don't run into the same error again)

• You could try opening the package in an XML editor and looking for the offending GUID - might give you some clues.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• Tried viewing the XML of the package in SSDT and running a find - no dice. Will try again with the packages closed.

• Looked at the package in XML and the fields being reported in the errors only exist once.

• aaron.reese (3/21/2014)

Looked at the package in XML and the fields being reported in the errors only exist once.

Sounds like you have some corruption in your package. (Nasty! Call a doctor! :-))

Options? Regenerate your template from scratch or start doing some XML editing, if you're feeling brave.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply