Is it working sitting the 72-228 exam.

• Hi All, I was wondering is it worth sitting the 72-228 exam ( Installing, Configuring and Administering SQL Server 2000 ) at this stage bearing in mind SQL Server 2005 is now released with subsequent service packs. My company won't be upgrading to 2005 for at least another 18 months. I'd like to get some qualification as a DBA in case in the future I need to go contracting etc. Thanks Derek

• If you plan on contracting, all the references you can give will help. A $125 investment that lands you a couple hours work is worthwhile. Does this get you close to the MCDBA though? If not, then maybe you're better served working on ss2k5 at home and sitting for those exams.

• Thanks Steve. I may as well take the exam and as you say proceed with the 2005 study at home. Our Polish site may be coming up on 2005 at the end of this year and it now looks like DBA support will be from here, so it's kinda like information overload ! Thanks again.

• Also, if you get your MCDBA, you can just do an upgrade exam for the MCITP.

Plus having all the fancy letters after your name can't hurt
  • NOTE: The upgrade exam only counts for the Database Administrator track and not for the Database Developer or Business Intelligence Developer track.

So I think that, unless you really want to have the certification in 2000, it is better to spent your time in the 2005 certifications.

Geert Verhoeven

Consultant @ Ausy Belgium

My Personal Blog

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply