Invalid column name ''ChunkFlags''

• Hello,

I am trying to set up a second SQL 2000 Reporting server for disaster

recovery purposes and have built the server, upgraded to SP2 and then

restored the database and key from the primary server to the backup

server.  So far this has all worked.  I can log into the reporting

server and see all my reports online but if I try to run a report or

get the properties of a report I get the following error.

An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing. (rsInternalError)

Get Online Help Invalid column name 'ChunkFlags'.

I need help trying to resolve this and anything would be appreciated.

Sincerely

Greg Caporale

• I don't think you're going to like this, but here is another thread with the same situation. Note the respondant is a MSFT.

http://www.developmentnow.com/g/115_2005_4_0_0_510785/Invalid-column-name-ChunkFlags.htm

• Thanks for the link to that other post.  I tracked that guy down and he said he ended up reinstalling RS in order to resolve that.  I was hoping for a better solution since a year has evolved but I guess I have no choice in the matter.  Break out the installation CD's and start all over.

Thanks again

• Solution can be found here: http://www.hezser.de/blog/Lists/Kategorien/Category.aspx?Name=Reporting%20Services

It seems that SQL 2005 SP2 breaks ReportingServer is the RS database names are not the default ones. Isn't hard to fix.

• I just had this same issue when trying to build a pre production instance of RS 2000 sp1.

After setting everyting up and restoring the production database, keys etc etc etc I was getting the 'Chunkflags' internal error when trying to access any reports.

Eventually tied it down to the chunkdata table in the reportservertempdb database not being updated correctly - It was missing the chunkflag column.

I restored the reportservertempdb from a production backup and all started to work - Hope it's the same for you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply