Installing Reporting services 2005 on SQL Sever 2005 64-bit Edition

• Hello!

I am trying to install Reporting Services 2005 on SQL Server 2005 64-bit Edition. Installation process goes without errors. But when I try to configure Reporting Services through Reporting Services Configuration manages, I am getting an error/warning when configuring Database setup section:

Verifying Database Edition:

This feature: "Using other editions of SQL Server  for report data sources  and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition  of Reporting Services.

I am trying to install from the same MSDN CD and original SQL Server 2005 installation. I am able to configure all objects (Virtual directory, Web service identity etc.) but 'Database Setup'. Can I install reporting services on SQL Server 2005 64-bit?

Thanks,
    Igor
  • This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• We ran into this problem but it turned out we had used the SQL 2005 Standard disk to install Reporting services on a SQL 2005 Developer edition install. When we grabbed the correct disks and uninstalled/installed again, everything worked fine. Are there multiple editions on the MSDN disks?

• If you are putting the database on a different server I don't imagine that it would matter what edition (Standard, Enterprise, Dev) you installed the web components from...

I am actually going to be doing this today, I will let you know how it goes...

Cheers,

Ben Sullins
    bensullins.com
    Beer is my primary key...

• I have a similar problem...

but for me it was the Windows Service Identity and the Web Service Identity.

The database is showing up with an error, but has the green.

I am using the MSDN SQL2005 64bit media

How did things work out for you?

• Which edition of SQL have you installed ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply