Installing reporting Services

• We have one SQL Server 2000 Standard Database Server.   I would like to install Reporting Services (and all that it entails) on this Server.  I can't seem to find the Media anywhere - unless perhaps I need to look on our MSDN disks???   I thought I could Download it from MS, but I can't find a download link anywhere.   Also, need to install Visual Studio.net 2003 on my machine for Reporting Services (I think) - where can I get that software?????

Thank you for your help in advance

• The only source I could find for RS2000 was the actual CD Media available for shipping costs.

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/rs/retailfulfillment.mspx

• Reporting Services is available on the MSDN disks.  You dont have to order the disk!

• On our MSDN Disk I found 2000 Reporting Services 2000 Developer Edition....

Is this what I would use in our Production environment????????  Or is there another version that I would run in our SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition environment.

• I still can't figure out where to get Reporting Services that will work with out SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition Production Install.   Someone posted a link where you can order the FREE media (5$ for shipping..) but it takes 4-6 weeks.   If it's free..  isn't there somewhere that I can just download it from ???    I can download a 120 day eval version..  but not sure what happens after the 120 days..  I can get the developer edition from the MSDN CDs..   But I want the full-blown version that will suffice for our Production Environment..   can anyone help???????????

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply