Input string format error in Execute Sql Task

• I have an Execute Sql Task where I am using this SP.

CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[InsData]

@DB VARCHAR(20),

@FeT VARCHAR(20),

@SType VARCHAR(50),

@Id INT OUTPUT

AS

BEGIN

SET NOCOUNT ON

INSERT INTO dbo.Emp(FeT,DB,SType,StrtDate)

VALUES(@FeT, @DB, @SType, getdate())

SELECT @Id = SCOPE_IDENTITY()

RETURN @Id

END

At the time of executing execute sql task I am facing the error as " input string was not in correct format but execution method was successful its going and inserting into Emp table..

In Genral tab under sql statement of Execute sql task I am using

Exec dbo.InsData ?,?,?,? OUTPUT

In Paramter mapping - created varaibles for first 3 paramters and marked direction as input and last using User::id make I marked direction as output

Not sure where I am doing mistake any inputs please?

• mcfarlandparkway (11/21/2016)

I have an Execute Sql Task where I am using this SP.

CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[InsData]

@DB VARCHAR(20),

@FeT VARCHAR(20),

@SType VARCHAR(50),

@Id INT OUTPUT

AS

BEGIN

SET NOCOUNT ON

INSERT INTO dbo.Emp(FeT,DB,SType,StrtDate)

VALUES(@FeT, @DB, @SType, getdate())

RETURN @Id

END

At the time of executing execute sql task I am facing the error as " input string was not in correct format but execution method was successful its going and inserting into Emp table..

In Genral tab under sql statement of Execute sql task I am using

Exec dbo.InsData ?,?,?,? OUTPUT

In Paramter mapping - created varaibles for first 3 paramters and marked direction as input and last using User::id make I marked direction as output

Not sure where I am doing mistake any inputs please?

I suggest that you change this

RETURN @Id

to this

SET @Id = SCOPE_IDENTITY()

You don't need to RETURN it.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• We need this Id to return we are using in another Sp as imput. to update Emp table with this Id.

• I changed from Select to SET.

Still its showing error

"Input string was not in a correct format.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly,

parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

We need this Id to return we are using in another Sp as imput. to update Emp table with this Id.

I understand that, but OUTPUT parameters in a proc do not need the RETURN keyword, all you need to do is set their value within the proc.

- Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

I changed from Select to SET.

Still its showing error

"Input string was not in a correct format.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly,

parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

If you call this proc from SSMS, does it work OK?

If yes, try setting a breakpoint on the ExecuteSQL task and then, when execution pauses, check the actual values of all the parameters. Try feeding these values into SSMS, as above.

If this works, there's something about the config of the ExecSQL task which has gone awry, but please start with these two tasks.

--Edit: fixed typo

- Martin Rees
    - Phil Parkin

• I didn't understood this point

I understand that, but OUTPUT parameters in a proc do not need the RETURN keyword, all you need to do is set their value within the proc. Do I need to comment Return Statement in my Proc then?

This proc from SSMS is working fine. but to see what values passing in these paramters in package how to debug it?

How to debug Execute Sql task I mean how I can keep breakpoint there I don't see any options?

I didn't understood this point

I understand that, but OUTPUT parameters in a proc do not need the RETURN keyword, all you need to do is set their value within the proc. Do I need to comment Return Statement in my Proc then?

This proc from SSMS is working fine. but to see what values passing in these paramters in package how to debug it?

How to debug Execute Sql task I mean how I can keep breakpoint there I don't see any options?

As per my earlier post, yes, remove the RETURN.

Click once on the ExecSQL task and then press F9. You should see a red dot appear on the task - this is, by default, a pre-execute breakpoint. It will pause execution just before the task executes and allow you to view the runtime contents of local variables.

- Martin Rees
    - Phil Parkin

• Yeah, TY

I have commented that return statement and kept a break point on Execute sql task. I can see all the values which I am passing to that SP for Id its returning the value as 0.

But for Task which I kept in sql statement as well as in parameter mapping is fine? because its facing that error.

In result set I am not using any variable.

Yeah, TY

I have commented that return statement and kept a break point on Execute sql task. I can see all the values which I am passing to that SP for Id its returning the value as 0.

But for Task which I kept in sql statement as well as in parameter mapping is fine? because its facing that error.

In result set I am not using any variable.

I'm sorry, but I do not understand what you are trying to describe here.

- Martin Rees
    - Phil Parkin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply