Import data from Oracle

• We have moved from importing data via FoxPro against DB2 to using SSIS 2014 against an Oracle 12 64 bit database. Anyone having issues with this? Our issue seems to be our 32 bit drivers on desktop work great but 64 bit drivers on server don't.... We are using version 11 for 32 bit as 12 doesn't have 32 bit. Our Oracle team seems to think we shouldn't be seeing a different but it fails on the server (intermittently and on varying steps), verses running locally, it runs fine.

Anyone else having this issue and what did you do to solve it? Run in 32 bit mode on server or find a different maker of ODBC drivers besides Oracle?

This is supposed to go to production tomorrow... ugh!

Thanks for any input you may have.

FYI, these are simple queries from views, inserting into tables on SQL Server.

• We had issues when we began importing from Oracle while using the Attunity drivers. You have to have both the 32 and 64 bit drivers installed on your machines. SSIS uses one for development and the other for runtime. I eventually just scrapped the Attunity connectors and created my own Oracle connections with C# source components. It was much easier and I only had to have one Oracle client loaded on my development machine.

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• Thanks, we don't have time to build drivers right now...

We have both 32 and 64 bit installed on desktop. Only 64 bit on server. Runs locally, not on server. It failed in different places on the server each time.

Working on getting 32 bit on server and run in 32 bit mode... hoping that fixes our issues.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply