implementing log shipping in sql server 2000 standard edition

• Hello

I am trying to implement log shipping in sql server 2000 standard edition, I know this edition does not have feature of log shipping in mantainence plan, I am trying to implement via running scripts. I have created a link server between source and destination server, created 2 restore db proc in destination server, these store procs are remotley called form source server. I have created jobs in source server, which will take db backup and move backup file to destination and restore that back file in destination server. But I am unable to move the backup file from source to destination, it gives me an error of Access denied. Do any one have idea what kind of permission level I am missing?

thanks

• Is your SQL server agent running under the network service account or a domain account?

• sql service is running under local system account

• I would consider using a domain account for your SQL server agent and make sure that user account has the proper share level and NTFS permissions for both locations. Local Service account works ok when accessing local resources, but MS recommends using a domain account for the sql server service and the sql server agent service when accessing resources on the network.

• thanks for the information but what do u mean by "user account has the proper share level and NTFS permissions for both locations".

thank you

• Whatever account the sqlserver agent is using at minimum will need Read permissions to the original location of your transaction log back ups and Write permissions to the destination folder.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply