Identical SQL Jobs failing (SSIS package)

• I have a SQL Server 2022 application running on 2 nodes redundantly, one of the jobs (SSIS) is failing on the primary node saying the service account can not find the specified file, the exact same job, works fine on the secondary node using the same service account (domain account). Job works fine when running through visual studio using the same domain account (SQL Server Agent account)

I can browse into the path were the job file is stored from both nodes using the service account. I recreated the job by using the script from the job that works fine but still no success. I copied the SSIS package file locally into the server but i still have the same issue. any ideas? Thanks in advance!

The process could not be created for step 1 of job 0x72DB1C3372A2974DAA7D83AED24F078F (reason: The system cannot find the file specified). The step failed.

• Is the file it is looking for local or on shared storage (network drive)?

If it is shared storage, you SHOULD be using the FQDN path to the file instead of the drive letter. The reason it works on one box and not another is likely because the account is logged in with drives mapped when the job is run on server A and not logged in or drives unmapped on server B.

If it is not shared storage, I would verify user permissions on the file and folder on each machine and make sure it matches up. I'd also check who the job is running as on the failing server and succeeding server and confirm they are the same. IF it is the SQL Server Agent account, I would verify that they are set up the same and are domain accounts. If they are local accounts with the same name, they are NOT the same account (different SID's).

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• files are in network storage, using UNC paths for both jobs (tried using local storage and still had same issue, also tried multiple network drives). The SQL Agent user is a domain account and I have mapped the path as a network location using the domain account credentials to test its permissions to the file.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply