I/0 error Torn page

• I had two disk failures that I have recovered with a BIOS update.  However, now my sqlserver will not start and I receive the below error:

I/0 error torn page detected during read at offset d:\mssq\.....model.mdf, pubs.mdf, northwind.mdf

Error 823, Event ID 17052

I have done some reading and all I come accross is the check db and restore of msdb.  I can't restore because I can't get to EM.

Any ideas?  PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

• You might need to restore all of our databases starting with master if it was damaged as well. Can you open QA and connect to the server or not?

• maybe this can get you back up and running.

if it concerns only model, pubs and northwind.

(remember to keep the old mdf-ldf files)

Just copy another model-db (mdf + ldf) from another server (this is the most important because it will be used for the default settings when you create a db !)

pubs and northwind are only example-db. you can copy them form elsewhere.

(mdf + ldf) 

If you had modified the now failing modeldb, you'll have to redo these changes afterward.

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• I can't open EM so I am trying a restore of sqlserver, then restore.  Thank you

• You can also rename the northwind and pubs dbs and let them come up suspect to get SQL to start.

• I have uninstalled and restored all db's.  However on the Master db, I receive 1 error that has been skipped due to a version problem.  I am running sqlserver 2000 and installed sqlserver 2000 sp4 just as it was.  Any ideas of why I am getting this error?

• Are you saying before you reinstalled you were at SP4? If so you need to actually restore the SQL Server and patch to SP4 first then resotre Master and your databases. However you might be able to just install SP4 now, but I have never tried this. Please, make sure you have a backup of all your original files before you do so.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply