How to stop this message in SQL Server Logs : FILESTREAM: effective level = 0...........

• Hi,

How to stop this message appearing in SQL Server Logs ?

FILESTREAM: effective level = 0, configured level = 0, file system access share name = 'MSSQLSERVER

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (SP1) - 10.0.2734.0

Thank you

Calico

• Why do you want to stop it? It's just an informational message.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Hi Gail

Because it appear to much often !

Calico

• I'd like to stop it too. It's annoying.

• It should only appear either when SQL starts up or when the database is opened. Can't recall which. Maybe a database with filestream has autoclose on and is repeatedly getting opened and closed?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I Gail,

we encounter this message into SQL error log just after the "Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install"

FILESTREAM: effective level = 0, configured level = 0, file system access share name = 'MSSQLSERVER'.

Configuration option 'show advanced options' changed from 0 to 1. Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install.

FILESTREAM: effective level = 0, configured level = 0, file system access share name = 'MSSQLSERVER'.

Configuration option 'Ole Automation Procedures' changed from 0 to 1. Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install.

Thank you

calico

• Hi all,

Anyone found a solution for this yet?

Thank you!

• It is annoying because you can't see in SQL Server Logs the relevant messages because of the garbage generated by these repetitive logging.

Maybe is the same case as yours... I found a case when a programmer put inside a job executed every minute the statements:

exec sp_configure 'Ole Automation Procedures', 1

RECONFIGURE

exec sp_configure 'Ole Automation Procedures', 0

RECONFIGURE

Why he did it? I have to ask and see if we can somehow remove it from there.

Actually, I have a concern if these repeated configuration changes has any impact on SQL Server performance. I think NO, but if anybody has different ideas, please share them.

Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply