How to set label color as same as the line color in the SSRS

• I have a chart with 2 lines. Each of line has it's own color(Automatically set by SSRS). But when I display the label it's always black. I want the label to be the same color as the line. Does anyone know how to set it?

• up

• I'm tempted to just put in "down", but it will do what you want and move it to the top of active threads anyway.

You can't do exactly what you want because the label properties are set for all labels, but you can adjust the color for all labels.

• I guess it depends upon which labels you are wanting to change the color on. If it is the labels on the X or Y axis, then JAck's post above is correct. If, however, you are wanting to change the color on the data point labels, then that can be done via an expression. You can then use the same expression for the color of the series (i.e. the line).

To get to the data point label color properties in the Chart Properties window, go to the Data tab, select the Value you want to edit, click the Edit button, go to the Point Labels tab, click the Label Style... button, then click the expression button to build the expression to define your colors. Copy that expression. Click OK, then OK again to get back to the Edit Chart Value window. Click on the Apperance tab and then on the Series Style... button. Since you are talking about Lines I assume this is a line chart instead of a bar chart, so stay on the Border and Line tab and click on the expression button next to Color. Paste your expression here.

The tricky part will be figuring out the expression for defining your colors, but that will depend upon your dataset and how it is structured.

Hope that helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply