How to Set a Password for a Report for SSRS 2005?

• Where I work, everyone is on different domains or not on a domain, so Windows authentication isn't working for us.

A contractor set up a report that would prompt for a username and password on the Report Manager (These looked just like report parameters). The people who needed this report were given the username/password so they could access this report.

Does anyone know how to do this? We need to do it again, but the contractor has left and I cannot find any information on this.

Thanks.

• I'm also looking for this .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• It may just be a data source setting. If you choose "Credentials supplied by the user running the report" the user will be prompted for the database credentials at run-time. You might want to set up a separate account just for this set of reports to make managing, communicating and tracking the password easier.

[font="Arial"]Are you lost daddy? I asked tenderly.
    Shut up he explained.
    [/font]
    - Ring Lardner

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply