how to install client and server components on local machine

• Hello!

I'm trying to install Report Services on my local machine on which I have Windows XP. I'm installing from another computer on LAN. I can install client components, but not server ones(in standard and developer mode there are no client components at all, in enterprise mode I get the message that this release of Reporting Services can't install server components on my OS).

What's wrong and how can I do it?????????????????

thnx for your help!

• There may be other issues besides SQL Server.  Make sure that the software you are installing is the full version of SQL.  I have WinXP and below is the select @@version from my desktop.

Microsoft SQL Server  2000 - 8.00.847 (Intel X86)

Jul 31 2003 16:59:33

Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation

Developer Edition on Windows NT 5.1 (Build 2600: Service Pack 2, v.2149)

Paul Bourg

• How can I know if it's full version of sql?? My select @@version is:

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.760 (Intel x86)

Dec 17 2002 14:22:05

Copyright (c) 1088-2003 Microsoft Corporation

Desktop Engine on Windows NT 5.1 (Build 2600: )

Is there anything else I need?

thnx for a replay

• I don't know if you still have this problem, but here goes a possible solution for any other person, that has the same problem

You would have to have to follow the software requirements stated in the online help, have in mind that you have to have WinSP1 installed as well, even though this isn't stated in the requirements for the evaluation version of the Reporting Services.

This was the way I was able to install it.

Hope it helps anyone!!

Raul Queiroga

• I know. I had WinXp SP1, now I have WinXp SP2...

I'm working online now, having a report server on LAN connected server...

• Looking at the version of SQL Server you posted here it seems you have the Desktop version and not one of the versions supported (Standard, Enterprise, Developer, Evaluation) by the Evaluation Edition of Reporting Services (stated in the software requirements http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/rsinstall/htm/gs_installingrs_v1_8jom.asp)

Hope it helps!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply