How to create SSIS package using java

• Hi,

I need to create,load and execute SSIS package using JAVA. I do not know how to create in java, Please help me.

Thanks,

Regards

Venkat

• While you can create an SSIS package programmatically (in probably almost any language) most people would CREATE the package using the supplied design tools. To develop a program that creates packages is relatively complex and you will need to understand a lot about SSIS (probably gained by using the design tools) before you get there.

As for running the packaage once created - you can execute an SSIS package via the command-line utility dtexec.

Can you post a bit more about what you are trying to do - and why it has to be java?

Mike

• Hi,

Thanks for your updates.

I have requirement to create a SSIS package in JAVA, so i need your help. I know how to create in SQL server using GUI mode.

I need to do automation using java because i have 300 tables to download every week.

Functions:

I want to transfer data from any database table to MS SQL server, so that we can do the same job again and again for day today job. I need to do automation using java because i have 300 tables to download every week.

Regards

Venkat

• gvrsony (1/16/2011)

I have requirement to create a SSIS package in JAVA, so i need your help.

Why?

Short of hand-crafting the XML (which would be ludicrous) I don't think it's possible. An SSIS package can be created programatically, but it requires the SSIS SMO objects, which are .net classes and not available in java.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • gvrsony (1/16/2011)

I want to transfer data from any database table to MS SQL server, so that we can do the same job again and again for day today job. I need to do automation using java because i have 300 tables to download every week.

Wouldn't it be easier to create one generic package that is controlled dynamically to do this task?

Instead of creating dynamically 300 packages?

ps: forget java, SSIS should be build programmatically with .NET

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Yes, I do agree. I have different sources each time like Oracle, MySQL, DB2 like that...

Thanks.

• Late reply to an old post but Talend is worth a look. Its free (Open Source) it runs in Java can talk to any JDBC source and a whole load more.

• Creating an SSIS package using Java can be a complex process, as SSIS is primarily designed to work with Microsoft's .NET Framework. However, it is possible to create SSIS packages using Java by using third-party tools that provide Java-based connectors to SSIS.

One such tool is the Java Integration Services (JIS) library, which provides a set of Java APIs for building SSIS packages. JIS allows Java developers to create SSIS packages by providing a programmatic interface to the SSIS runtime engine. Another tool is the Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver, which allows Java applications to connect to and interact with SQL Server databases, including SSIS packages.

To create an SSIS package using Java, you would need to first download and install the necessary tools, such as JIS or the SQL Server JDBC Driver. Once you have the tools installed, you would need to write Java code to define the SSIS package's components, such as data sources, transformations, and destinations. You would also need to define the package's control flow, which specifies the order in which the package's components should be executed.

After you have written the Java code, you would then need to compile it and deploy it to the SSIS server. Once the package is deployed, you can use SQL Server Management Studio or the SSIS Designer to test and debug the package.

Creating an SSIS package using Java requires a strong understanding of both SSIS and Java programming, so it is recommended that you have experience in both areas before attempting to create an SSIS package using Java.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Muskan wrote:

Creating an SSIS package using Java can be a complex process, as SSIS is primarily designed to work with Microsoft's .NET Framework. However, it is possible to create SSIS packages using Java by using third-party tools that provide Java-based connectors to SSIS.

One such tool is the Java Integration Services (JIS) library, which provides a set of Java APIs for building SSIS packages. JIS allows Java developers to create SSIS packages by providing a programmatic interface to the SSIS runtime engine. Another tool is the Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver, which allows Java applications to connect to and interact with SQL Server databases, including SSIS packages.

To create an SSIS package using Java, you would need to first download and install the necessary tools, such as JIS or the SQL Server JDBC Driver. Once you have the tools installed, you would need to write Java code to define the SSIS package's components, such as data sources, transformations, and destinations. You would also need to define the package's control flow, which specifies the order in which the package's components should be executed.

After you have written the Java code, you would then need to compile it and deploy it to the SSIS server. Once the package is deployed, you can use SQL Server Management Studio or the SSIS Designer to test and debug the package.

Creating an SSIS package using Java requires a strong understanding of both SSIS and Java programming, so it is recommended that you have experience in both areas before attempting to create an SSIS package using Java.

Looks like another "ChatGPT" suggestion by this user.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply