How to combine two view in single query.

• --View1

CREATE VIEW dbo.VW_ReportSOSlipDetail

AS

SELECT dbo.Tbl_DemandIssue.BatchNo, dbo.VW_AllItemMaster.PartNo, dbo.VW_AllItemMaster.PartName, dbo.Tbl_RefItemClassification.ClassificationDesc,

dbo.Tbl_DemandIssueDetail.IssueQty, dbo.Tbl_DemandIssueDetail.Location, dbo.Tbl_RefUOM.UOM, dbo.Tbl_DemandIssueDetail.SerialNo,

dbo.Tbl_DemandIssueDetail.PartId, dbo.Tbl_DemandIssue.DemandNo, dbo.Tbl_DemandIssue.SlipNo

FROM dbo.Tbl_DemandIssue INNER JOIN

dbo.Tbl_RefItemClassification INNER JOIN

dbo.VW_AllItemMaster ON dbo.Tbl_RefItemClassification.ClassificationID = dbo.VW_AllItemMaster.ClassificationID ON

dbo.Tbl_DemandIssue.PartID = dbo.VW_AllItemMaster.PartID INNER JOIN

dbo.Tbl_RefUOM ON dbo.VW_AllItemMaster.UOM = dbo.Tbl_RefUOM.UOMID INNER JOIN

dbo.Tbl_DemandIssueDetail ON dbo.Tbl_DemandIssue.IssueLineNo = dbo.Tbl_DemandIssueDetail.IssueLineNo

--View2

CREATE VIEW dbo.VW_ReportSOSlipWithGroup

AS

SELECT SUM(dbo.Tbl_DemandIssueDetail.IssueQty) AS IssueQty, dbo.Tbl_DemandIssueDetail.Location, dbo.Tbl_DemandIssueDetail.PartId,

dbo.Tbl_ItemMaster.PartNo

FROM dbo.Tbl_DemandIssueDetail INNER JOIN

dbo.Tbl_ItemMaster ON dbo.Tbl_DemandIssueDetail.PartId = dbo.Tbl_ItemMaster.PartID

GROUP BY dbo.Tbl_DemandIssueDetail.Location, dbo.Tbl_DemandIssueDetail.PartId, dbo.Tbl_ItemMaster.PartNo

--Combination of View1 and View2

SELECT DISTINCT

dbo.VW_ReportSOSlipDetail.BatchNo, dbo.VW_ReportSOSlipDetail.PartName, dbo.VW_ReportSOSlipDetail.ClassificationDesc,

dbo.VW_ReportSOSlipDetail.UOM, dbo.VW_ReportSOSlipDetail.IssueQty, dbo.VW_ReportSOSlipWithGroup.Location,

dbo.VW_ReportSOSlipWithGroup.PartNo, dbo.VW_ReportSOSlipWithGroup.PartId, dbo.VW_ReportSOSlipDetail.DemandNo,

dbo.VW_ReportSOSlipDetail.SlipNo

FROM dbo.VW_ReportSOSlipDetail INNER JOIN

dbo.VW_ReportSOSlipWithGroup ON dbo.VW_ReportSOSlipDetail.PartId = dbo.VW_ReportSOSlipWithGroup.PartId

and VW_ReportSOSlipDetail.Location = dbo.VW_ReportSOSlipWithGroup.Location

Need Result,

I need this in Single query(I.e without using View). I was searching for past one week, but i cant able to combine in to single query. i am using sql2000. can any one plz guide me.

• SELECT di.BatchNo,

aim.PartName,

ric.ClassificationDesc,

uom.UOM,

did.IssueQty,

d.Location,

d.PartNo,

d.PartId,

di.DemandNo,

di.SlipNo

FROM dbo.Tbl_DemandIssue di

INNER JOIN dbo.VW_AllItemMaster aim

ON di.PartID = aim.PartID

INNER JOIN dbo.Tbl_RefItemClassification ric

ON ric.ClassificationID = aim.ClassificationID

INNER JOIN dbo.Tbl_RefUOM uom

ON aim.UOM = uom.UOMID

INNER JOIN dbo.Tbl_DemandIssueDetail did

ON di.IssueLineNo = did.IssueLineNo

-- VW_ReportSOSlipWithGroup converted to derived table

INNER JOIN (

SELECT SUM(did.IssueQty) AS IssueQty,

did.Location,

did.PartId,

im.PartNo

FROM dbo.Tbl_DemandIssueDetail did

INNER JOIN dbo.Tbl_ItemMaster im ON did.PartId = im.PartID

GROUP BY did.Location, did.PartId, im.PartNo

) d

ON did = d.PartId

AND did.Location.Location = d.Location

Using table aliases (dbo.Tbl_DemandIssueDetail did) makes the code very much easier to read.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• when i am run your query, i am getting this error

The column prefix 'did.Location' does not match with a table name or alias name used in the query.

• Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of tables to run the query against, so I can only offer you suggestions.

1. Run the derived table query

2. Comment out the derived table and the output columns and run what remains.

3. Post the code you are running.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• I have small doubt, Is there any performance issue to joining the query using views.Can you please suggest me.

• KMPSSS (6/18/2010)

I have small doubt, Is there any performance issue to joining the query using views.Can you please suggest me.

You are absolutely right! You have right concerns! There are!

But I should disappoint you a bit. In SQLServer, as well as in many other RDBSes), performance issues are possible even if you don't use any view or table (with joins or without)! You can, if you know SQL well enough and try hard, write a query which will run forever and take huge amount of resources even without mentioning any of SQL objects (view, tables etc.) in it. 😀

How to post your question to get the best and quick help[/url]

• One of the queries already references a view. Chaining views in this manner decreases the chances of an optimal plan. Neither of the views is particularly complex, I'd recommend you adhere to your objective of rewriting the two views.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply