How to become Master in SQL Server 2005

• And for an endless supply of unknown things, these forums are great !

Read the problems that we have, and try to find the answers so that things move from the unknown to the known.

• Read Books on Line and MSDN until your eyes bleed. Set up a test environment, preferably virtualised (in case you break it) and practice what you read.

Also buy and read this http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-SQL-Server-2008-Internals/dp/0735626243

• I think that [long term] on-the-job mentoring by an expert (supplemented by personal study) is the best way to move from novice to apprentice to journeyman to master.

Best,
    Kevin G. Boles
    SQL Server Consultant
    SQL MVP 2007-2012
    TheSQLGuru on googles mail service

• Just to add my take on becoming a master, I guess one needs to follow on things told by Gail,Steve,TheSQLGuru and any other SQL Expert that I fail to mention here.

Most importantly, one only needs to get his BASICS RIGHT...;-)

Good Luck...

Thanks!!

The_SQL_DBA
    MCTS

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives."

• The_SQL_DBA (1/6/2010)

Just to add my take on becoming a master, I guess one needs to follow on things told by Gail,Steve,TheSQLGuru and any other SQL Expert that I fail to mention here.

And you'll know you made it when they peeps mentioned above start following you. 😉

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

• Robert Davis (1/7/2010)

The_SQL_DBA (1/6/2010)

Just to add my take on becoming a master, I guess one needs to follow on things told by Gail,Steve,TheSQLGuru and any other SQL Expert that I fail to mention here.

And you'll know you made it when they peeps mentioned above start following you. 😉

Yes, if you are included in that group - then you are probably on the right track.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply