How do I View Tables in SQL query analyzer window?

• Is there a setting I can change so that I see the list of tables on the left (like in SQL 2000 and 2005) right in the query analyzer window?  If so, how do I set it up to show up to show these tables/fields directly in the Query analyzer window (not the console)?  Thanks in advance as I recently switched companies, joining a smaller company that still uses SQL 7.  I've never done any of the administration before so I appreciate your help!

• Do you mean the object browser?  Either press F8 or click on Tools, Object Browser, Show/hide.

Greg

Greg

• I don't think they had object browser in SQL 7. It's been a while, so I could be wrong, but i think it was new in SQL 2000. If I'm right, there is no such option in Query Analyzer in SQL 7.

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

• I think you're right, Robert.  I don't have an 7.0 instance, so I can't see for sure.

Greg

Greg

• Thanks all for your reponses....it must be a feature added in SQL 2000, because I don't have those options.  I've used 2000 and 2005 and had the capability but couldn't find it here so it must be a post 7 upgrade.

• In fact, if memeory serves me correctly, I think it was new in SQL 2000 SP1.

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply