How can I fiind what PROCs ran and what ones didn't.....?

• I came into an environment where the previous employee designed SISS package through Visual Studio where there are many Insert Procs, Update Procs inside the containers which kick off in SQL and insert, update tables in SQL Server... The process did not run correctly and I need to find out what Procs actually ran and what ones did not run.

Does anyone know if there is a history log or any log file in SQL Server Management Studio (2005)? Or any non-painful way of troubleshooting what actually ran?

thank you

• Check out SQL Profiler. In Management Studio it's under Tools -> Sql Profiler. You can trace all database activity. It'll tell you all sorts of good stuff!

You can trace specific applications, database, users etc. You can also choose different "events" such as logins, batch completed statements and so on. If you have a lot of activity on your DB you may get too much info and it'll be hard to figure out what commands belong to what.

Launch it, start a trace for a few seconds and then pause it. That'll give you plenty to work with. Then tweak it from there. Pause your trace go to File-> properties-> Events Selection Tab. Click on "Column Filters" button in lower left hand corner. From there you can specify what you want to see activity from.

Oh BTW I forgot to mention you need to have the appropriate permissions. You ether need to be a ServerAdmin or SysAdmin I think.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply