Help with DBMail Configuration SQL 2005 SP2 HF 3152 Cluster

• I have a 2 Node Active/Active Cluster using SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition. I have installed 4 instances - 2 on each node. All 4 instances have successfully installed and the fail over process works.

I have configured DBMail on this cluster using the same parameters as I have successfully set up DBMail on other stand alone machines (meaning my Stand Alones work fine - just this CLUSTER is giving me troubles). I configured DBMail using the Wizard from Management Studio and when I attempt to send mail I receive the following error inside msdb.dbo.sysmail_log:

1) Exception Information ===================

Exception Type: System.NullReferenceException

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

TargetSite: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Objects.Account GetAccount(Int32)

HelpLink: NULL Source: DatabaseMailEngine

StackTrace Information ===================

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.DataAccess.DataAccessAdapter.GetAccount(Int32 accountID)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandFactory.CreateSendMailCommand(DBSession dbSession)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Controller.CommandRunner.Run(DBSession db)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.IMailProcess.ThreadCallBack.MailOperation(Object o)

I have searched the Internet to no avail, and I am quite certain this has most likely happened to someone else out there.

Any and all help would greatly be appreciated!

-Marti

• Did you turn on Database Mail?

Do your stand alone server and cluster in the same domain (whether or not you need a different mail server)?

• Is Service Broker running in msdb? DBMail needs Service Broker running in msdb.

Select is_broker_enabled from sys.databases where name = 'msdb'

This should return 1.

• Yes - DBMail is turned on and configured the same as the stand alone machines - and they are both using the same SMTP server.

I also verified Service Broker was enabled:

Select is_broker_enabled from sys.databases where name = 'msdb'

--returns a value of 1

These are great suggestions - unfortunately, I am still not able to get DBMail running and I still get the same error.

-Marti:w00t:

• I am having exactly the same problem on 64 bits SQL Server 2005 cluster

For the moment I do have any solution than returning on 32 bits

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply