Help to compare two tables in SSIS

• I want to insert values in to “Table B” from “Table A”. Both the tables has only two columns and same.

Table B is destination table and it's constant. Table A is getting Updated every week.

So I have to extraxt the data from table A and compare with table B and updated.

If the data is not exists in “Table B” I want to insert values from “Table A”

If the data is exists in both tables do not do anything. (Like eliminating the duplicates).

Insert only updated data from Table A in to table B

I want to implement this by SSIS. Which component can i use in SSIS , and how ?

Tell me in step by step, I am very new in SSIS

• DBA12345 (12/5/2012)

I want to insert values in to “Table B” from “Table A”. Both the tables has only two columns and same.

Table B is destination table and it's constant. Table A is getting Updated every week.

So I have to extraxt the data from table A and compare with table B and updated.

If the data is not exists in “Table B” I want to insert values from “Table A”

If the data is exists in both tables do not do anything. (Like eliminating the duplicates).

Insert only updated data from Table A in to table B

I want to implement this by SSIS. Which component can i use in SSIS , and how ?

Tell me in step by step, I am very new in SSIS

'Compare' is not a specific enough term here - we need a bit more detail.

Do both tables exist on the same SQL Server instance?

Do both tables have the same primary key (PK)?

What version of SQL Server are you using?

Can you just insert into table b if the PK does not already exist there or are you looking for a more sophisticated test?

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply