Help!? Subscription have been marked inactive...

• I jsut got this on "The subscription(s) have been marked inactive and must be reinitialized. NoSync subscriptions will need to be dropped and recreated." it A sql2k with sp3a...

how can i fix it...

Please Help... Thank You

• It sounds like the Subscriptions have expired because there was no data to replicate within the specified period of the Distributor setting.

What is the setting for your Distributor on when transactions/Subscribers expire? Whatever the setting is, it needs to be increased. Or better still ascretain how frequent data gets replicated and make it never expire.

Kindest Regards,

• Well it transactional replication so it does replicate constantly... and i think it set to never expire, can't find where to check....

also what the steps i need to take to make replication work,

i couldn’t reinteshelize because it was set up manually....

Thanks all the help is appreciated...

• Can't help with the re-initialisation (actually have the same problem myself and was hoping to find an answer here), however, to find out when the subscription expires...

In Enterprise Manager, expand Replication Monitor -> Publishers -> PublisherName

Then right-click on the publication. Select Properties.

On the bottom half of the General tab there are two radio buttons to choose from, either setting a number of days before expiration or never expires.

Good luck with the real problem...

Five Stones IT Consulting and Development

• Thanks for reply, i have chenged the subscription not to exprire now would be nice to find a easy way to fix replication, with out droping it and recreating it...

if this is only option what would be better way to do it:

a: back up Db copy to second server and set up replication?

(that how i did it...)

b: some other way maybe using a one time snapshot option...

Borik

Thank You...

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply