HELP NEEDED with the statement

• Hi all,

I have trace that is running on our servers and one of the statements it has is,

exec sp_trace_setfilter @TraceID, 10, 0, 7, N'SQL Server Profiler - 582a95a8-b154-4717-a784-4b97f6370c25'

what is this means in the scriptN'SQL Server Profiler - 582a95a8-b154-4717-a784-4b97f6370c25' ?

Can any one explain with N'SQL Server Profiler - 582a95a8-b154-4717-a784-4b97f6370c25' this. appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Ravi

• Whenever your start a trace with profiler, it will filter itself out from the trace. That's what you are seeing here.

• Hi Ninja,

I did not get you. can you please let me know what exactly that means?

Thanks,

Ravi

• Looks like you have a server side trace script there created from SQL Server Profiler. As Ninja said, every time we start SQL Server Profiler to collect trace it makes sure to exclude it self so we don't get inrelevent events in our trace logs. If this is your server side trace, having that exclusion their servers no purpose. It was generated from SQL Server Profiler and never cleaned up.

[font="Arial"]---

Mohit K. Gupta, MCITP: Database Administrator (2005), My Blog, Twitter: @SQLCAN[/url].
    Microsoft FTE - SQL Server PFE

* Some time its the search that counts, not the finding...
    * I didn't think so, but if I was wrong, I was wrong. I'd rather do something, and make a mistake than be frightened and be doing nothing. :smooooth:[/font]

How to ask for help .. Read Best Practices here[/url].

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply