Help a complete noob with a project

• cook155 (5/4/2014)

bump

Speaking of "bumps" and as you said, this IS for a class. Not intending or meaning any disrespect whatsoever, the questions you're asking make it sound like you either didn't attend the classes or didn't pay attention at all. All of the questions that you're asking should have been covered by the instructor in the classes or will be covered by the instructor if this project was announced at the beginning of the class.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Just to add to what Jeff said. Since this is for a class we would like to see you doing the work and using this forum to show what you have done and where you stuck and need some help figuring out what you should do next to solve your problem.

It doesn't do you any good for us to do the work for you. You will learn more by doing the work and just asking us for help when you run into problems.

• RobertC1 (5/3/2014)

I actually need more stuff like this. I have had a very hard time finding just basic information relating to DB/DW. My first assignment for a data warehousing class was to find all the basic information i could on the subject. MY results seemed like they differed.

That website is full of it, I can't think of a better resource for datawarehouse design - what are you missing here?

I'm a DBA.
    I'm not paid to solve problems. I'm paid to prevent them.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply