Hello Guys I'm New Here

• Hello, I'm New here and need your help.

i'm loocking for slq server 2008 r2 86 bit can i use to cread my dekaron server

on dekaron developent forum when i find the new server fils said "You will need MsSQL 2008 R2 or newer."

thanks for help.

• First, I'm not sure if we have a language barrier, but it's hard to understand what you mean as you aren't writing clearly. Please be sure you check spelling and formatting, so we can understand what you need.

There is a version of SQL Server that is SQL Server 2008 R2. This is unrelated to, and separate from SQL Server 2008.

You can potentially download an R2 version from Microsoft if you have development subscriptions. Otherwise you can download the current version, which is SQL Server 2014. They don't sell previous versions anymore.

If you have an existing media for SQL Server 2008 R2, you can use that to install as well for development.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (11/11/2014)

First, I'm not sure if we have a language barrier, but it's hard to understand what you mean as you aren't writing clearly. Please be sure you check spelling and formatting, so we can understand what you need.

There is a version of SQL Server that is SQL Server 2008 R2. This is unrelated to, and separate from SQL Server 2008.

You can potentially download an R2 version from Microsoft if you have development subscriptions. Otherwise you can download the current version, which is SQL Server 2014. They don't sell previous versions anymore.

If you have an existing media for SQL Server 2008 R2, you can use that to install as well for development.

i'm know how to use sql server 200 only

maybe you can undarstand more from this topic and then help me

http://forum.ragezone.com/f534/release-dekaron-real-a9-server-1035168/

• Hrm. It looks like you're trying to host a private server for another company's MMORPG.

I'm not entirely certain that's something SQL Server Central can help you with; it's definitely dodgy legal territory.

However, if you do insist on trying to do this, you will need to purchase a copy of SQL Server 2008 R2, and license it appropriately, which will run you a few hundred to a few thousand dollars, depending on the setup you're going for.

It's the furthest thing from an inexpensive venture to shoot for, I'd say.

- 😀

• To use the files for your development, you need the SQL Server service (from the dev site post). That means you need to install SQL Server. You can install any of these, and put the database in SQL Server 2008 R2 mode if you want.:

- SQL Server 2008 R2

- SQL Server 2012

- SQL Server 2014

You might be able to use the free, Express editions, but I'm not sure of what the requirements are. You can google for those editions and the download locations.

The details of the install are beyond a post, but it's a fairly simple next, next, next. If you worry about the data, you need to understand log backups. If it's not a big deal, set the databases to simple mode. Full backups are recommended, but again, up to you.

Connectivity is with Management Studio, or any ODBC/OLEDB compliant app on port 1433.

That should get you going.

To use the files for your development, you need the SQL Server service (from the dev site post). That means you need to install SQL Server. You can install any of these, and put the database in SQL Server 2008 R2 mode if you want.:

- SQL Server 2008 R2

- SQL Server 2012

- SQL Server 2014

You might be able to use the free, Express editions, but I'm not sure of what the requirements are. You can google for those editions and the download locations.

The details of the install are beyond a post, but it's a fairly simple next, next, next. If you worry about the data, you need to understand log backups. If it's not a big deal, set the databases to simple mode. Full backups are recommended, but again, up to you.

Connectivity is with Management Studio, or any ODBC/OLEDB compliant app on port 1433.

ok thank you

one more question i need developer edition of sql server 2014?

That should get you going.

• lol2k12 (11/11/2014)

one more question i need developer edition of sql server 2014?

You probably need one of the full production versions of SQL Server. Developer is allowed for development use only, no production system usage alllowed

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • can you give link for download/buy it?

• Quote from Steve's post

You can google for those editions and the download locations.

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• GilaMonster (11/11/2014)

Quote from Steve's post

You can google for those editions and the download locations.

i'm already tried it and download few versions but they not work its why i'm asked for link

• You need to google and do some research because it's not clear what edition you need, whether you can use the free Express or not, and we don't know your requirements. So you need to go and do some research and see what, if anything, you need to buy and, if you do need to buy what your budget is. You also should consider whether you can rent a hosted solution or whether you need to buy your own licence (which will run into the thousands of dollars), etc, etc.

Gail Shaw

• If I Google "SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition" the first link is a download from Microsoft. They have made it available.

If you need developer editions, search for those, and you can purchase one. If you're looking for free download links from somewhere else, we do not provide or tolerate those on this site.

If I Google "SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition" the first link is a download from Microsoft. They have made it available.

If you need developer editions, search for those, and you can purchase one. If you're looking for free download links from somewhere else, we do not provide or tolerate those on this site.

I'm not looking for free I just want to know what a version i need to use for 100% cuz i dont want to buy something if it not this version I need

• This might help comparing the versions

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc645993.aspx

For an older version you could search Ebay though I am not knowledable on the legals of transfering licenses.

----------------------------------------------------

• lol2k12 (11/13/2014)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (11/11/2014)

If I Google "SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition" the first link is a download from Microsoft. They have made it available.

I'm not looking for free I just want to know what a version i need to use for 100% cuz i dont want to buy something if it not this version I need

The problem is, we don't know what version you need. Your best bet would be to contact the developers of the system you're trying to install and ask them what version and edition of SQL you need.

Gail Shaw

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply