Has anyone installed SQL2012 SP2 already?

• I am playing to start testing on my Dev Box but would like to hear from anyone that already deployed this on a live box.

• Don't.

It's got a nasty corruption-causing regression bug in it. Wait for the next CU or post SP 2 hotfix, then apply it and the CU

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (6/18/2014)

Don't.

It's got a nasty corruption-causing regression bug in it. Wait for the next CU or post SP 2 hotfix, then apply it and the CU

Gail,

Appreciate the heads up.

Any link pointing to that or with additional info on that particular issue?

• Offhand no, but I'm sure google will have several.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Answering myself. Found this: Potential for Data Loss in SQL Server 2012 SP 2

It seems that Aaron expands more on this. And it seems that the issue is when doing online Index rebuild? If that's the case, this should only affect those using Ent. edition?

• This will explain and give options:

http://sqlperformance.com/2014/06/sql-indexes/hotfix-sql-2012-rebuilds

• richard.bowles (6/18/2014)

This will explain and give options:

http://sqlperformance.com/2014/06/sql-indexes/hotfix-sql-2012-rebuilds

By Aaron ... and like I suspected..

Not everyone needs to be concerned about this issue. If you are not running Enterprise (or an equivalent) Edition, you can't perform parallel or online rebuilds in the first place

So I guess my question is still open. Has someone , which runs Standard Edition, already apply SP2 without any issues?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply