Hacking the DTSX (SSIS XML file) to Change Defaults

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Hacking the DTSX (SSIS XML file) to Change Defaults

• I'd add a 'make sure you take a copy of the DTSX file before editing' warning to this. Do it wrong and it will no longer open in SSDT. Of course, if your packages are source-controlled, this is taken care of.

For those who are interested in the structure of SSIS files and want to dig deeper, I'd recommend looking at the XML in a dedicated XML viewer/editor. Here is an example – makes it easier to see what is going on and navigate the entire thing.

Changing the maximum size for many columns is tedious in SSDT, though I would warn against simply maxing the default in all cases. Doing so is much the same as creating a VARCHAR(500) column to store data which should not exceed 25 characters in length – some implicit data validation is lost by doing so. There may also be a performance penalty (I'm not sure about this). I tend to define SSIS maximum sizes to be the same as the columns they are being imported to.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

This Post help us as a new users Thankyou for knowing about this Hacking.

Housekeeping Services in Mumba

Corporate Housekeeping Services in Mumba

Cleaning Services in Mumbai

Residential Cleaning Services in Mumbai

Commercial Cleaning Services in Mumbai

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  Phil Parkin.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  Shreeganesh0601.

Housekeeping Services in Mumbai
    Corporate Housekeeping Services in Mumbai

Cleaning Services in Mumbai
    Residential Cleaning Services in Mumbai
    Commercial Cleaning Services in Mumbai

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply