Grant Alter View,Proc Permission without being a DDLAdmin

• I want to give users the ability to create views and procs and alter them but not alter the DB. I would almost like to give them all the DB_DDLAdmin rights with the exception of a few.

How can this be done?

• You can grant the CREATE TABLE right to someone. Preferably to a role.

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/3379521

• Thanks Steve for the reply but I have these users already in a role with the basic: Create Proc,View,Table etc. Permissions.

My biggest concern was these are Application Developers that need to create and alter their own procs for an application and I didn't want to make them DBOs but I also didn't want to sp_ChangeObjectOwer for every object they create.

Right now I'm Changing the Owner which has it's benefits (it allows me to proof read every object before changing it) but at the same time once the Owner is changed to DBO they can't alter anything which of course eliminates any application developer from fixing SQL issues for that app on the fly.

Is there no way to give someone the ability to alter an object they don't own if they aren't a DBO?

• You can add your users to db_ddladmin role !:D

• roja.hafezi (12/22/2008)

You can add your users to db_ddladmin role !:D

He said, without granting the db_ddladmin role.

Anyways, I had the same problem any suggestions on how to achieve this in 2000?

-Hope is a heuristic search :smooooth: ~Hemanth

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply