Generate SSRS reports from a SSIS Package

• Since you have already used dispose, the object would be available for GC. However till the time GC collects it, it might NOT allow you to copy or attach.

One workaround, which is although not recommended but helps sometimes is to call GC explicity.

Try using System.GC.Collect() after dispose in the code. After this verify if you are able to attach.

Hope this helps !

Thanks

Ravi

• Great article.

• An easiest way to execute a SSRS report from a SSIS package is to add a SQL Script task to the package, connect to the ReportServer SQL Server and execute the SQL job associated to the SSRS report.

Creating a subscription on a SSRS report will generate an SQL job. By creating a subscription on the SSRS report and set it to execute once, in the past (so that it won't execute by the schedule), you will have a SQL job that, by running it, will generate the SSRS report corresponding to the SQL job. 😎 Hope this makes sense.

• Hi

could you please tell me which type of code written in SSIS web service.

• Great Post Thank you..

Although, at work we use all new SQL Server 2014 built-in 'Integration Services Dashboard' and it is just simply brilliant and a life saver.

• Very good article indeed.

I tried to do last month alone, but i was not able.

I will try also to pass any parameteres.

Thanks again.:-)

• Very good article indeed.

I tried to do last month alone, but i was not able.

I will try also to pass any parameteres.

Thanks again.:-)

• For passing parameters you can update the ExtensionSettings field from ReportServer.dbo.Subscriptions table. 😉

• Thanks for reply.

I never thinked to that...

I will tru if it will be necessary.

• I have used the Report Generator Task posted on Codeplex, and it is a great time saver and works well!

Larry

• Thanks i will find on http://www.codeplex.com ????

• Hello,

upon having installation finished, what is the way of using ReportGenerator?

Thanks

• Is it possible to pass folder access permission like userID or PW.

• if you want to avoid reinventing the wheel, i would recommend https://busyreports.codeplex.com/ which you can call from the command line.

• I did not know BusyReports free program.

I will test.

I use SQL SERVER 2008 R2 Standard Edition , it would be very useful ...

A question...

Where do i unziop executable files ???

In a working directory i.e C:\mydir or where else ..in Sql Server Directory ???

I am not very expert in software installation over a server.

Thanks a lot.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply