Full-Text Search...

• Can someone please answer the following questions:

1. what is the meaning of “keyword-based query of text data”?

2. what is the meaning of “linguistic searches”, any examples?

3. "Full-text search delivers enterprise search functionality", means?

4. what is the difference between phrase and proximity searches?

Regards,

-Kiran

• Kiran:

"Full-text search delivers enterprise search functionality" is just marketing hype ("hype" NOT "hyper") that means all users can use it (if you have first built full text indexes and queries for them.)

As for the other three, I just added MDSN to your quoted phrases and googled them. There are good articles on point for all of them.

Regards,

Bob

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Thanks Bob. I already googled those quoted phrases as I just started understanding Full text search functionality I couldn't make out which link is best suited for me. I never tried it before.

Could you provide any, best URLs/Tutorials/examples on Full Text Search component and how to write queries using it for the beginners.

Regards,

-Kiran

• Kiran (12/30/2008)

Could you provide any, best URLs/Tutorials/examples on Full Text Search component and how to write queries using it for the beginners.

See Hilary Cotter's articles at: http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/learn-sql-server/sql-server-full-text-search-language-features/

[font="Arial Narrow"](PHB) I think we should build an SQL database. (Dilbert) What color do you want that database? (PHB) I think mauve has the most RAM.[/font]

• Hi

I have one question regarding full text . I have created one full text catalog and added 5 tables in it with colums specified for differennt languages. In the Log folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG) a file got created named SQLFT....

I viewed that it's size is around 800 MB now i want to move this file to the drive having large space but got an error that this file is already in use. so please let me know how can i move the file and also is there anyway to change the default file creation(SQLFT..) to directory other than LOG folder

Thnx

Rajendra

• Hi

I have one question regarding full text . I have created one full text catalog and added 5 tables in it with colums specified for differennt languages. In the Log folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG) a file got created named SQLFT....

I viewed that it's size is around 800 MB now i want to move this file to the drive having large space but got an error that this file is already in use. so please let me know how can i move the file and also is there anyway to change the default file creation(SQLFT..) to directory other than LOG folder

Thnx

Rajendra

• rajmaiet,

Please submit your question as a new question, rather than tacking it onto someone else's question.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply