Full-Text Query Error: Unknown Result

• I'm running SQL Server 7.0 on Win2k Server and am trying to get up and running with full-text search.

I enabled full-text search on the DB, created the catalog, added the tables to the catalog, selected the columns i wanted, and filled my catalog. No problems.

However, no matter what query i execute i always get the same (unhelpful) error. here is my test query and my resulting error, any feedback is greatly appreciated:

select * from Item where contains(subject,'sql server')

Server: Msg 7607, Level 17, State 1, Line 1

Search on full-text catalog 'CMS_FullText' for database ID 10, table ID 1058102810 with search condition 'sql server' failed with unknown result (35c2f970).

E

Matthew Mamet

• The problem is like this one listed for SQL 2K SP2 see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q317486 what SP level are you at with you SQL 7 server. Also someone made the statement this began after installing a a service pack which was fixed be reinstalling full-text catalogs. Other than that check the logs and event viewer to see if anything was written there.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• The problem came about when we installed Full Text search on SQL Server 7.0 after we had installed SP4.

Re-installing SP4 fixed the problem.

Matthew Mamet

• Since SP4 is new may want to let Microsoft know of your situation to make sure that they take a look and see if is a reporducable issue.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply