Full Backup

• I am getting an error while taking the full backup of a database to a shared location :

Msg 3201, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Cannot open backup device '\\matlkgfs1p008\BackupRepository\UPR_FULL_08122011.bak'. Operating system error 5(Access is denied.).

Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

I have write persmissions on the shared location and also the account running my SQL services have sysadmin priviledges in my database server

Please guide .

Thanks,

DVD

• Can you verify if you are able to create any test file in that shared folder location

M&M

• yes . I am able to

• abhishek_dwivedi03 (8/12/2011)

Cannot open backup device '\\matlkgfs1p008\BackupRepository\UPR_FULL_08122011.bak'. Operating system error 5(Access is denied.).

Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

I have write persmissions on the shared location and also the account running my SQL services have sysadmin priviledges in my database server

Are you running this as a scheduled job? In that case you SQL Agent service account (or the job_owner account if it's not "sa") must have read/write permissions on your network share. Having admin rights on the database server won't help when you backup to a network share.

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

• I am able to take backup to the shared location now 🙂

I granted permission on OS level to the service account for the sql and is working fine now .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply