FTP task problem - SSIS

• Hi,

I have a SSIS package which will upload the file into two different FTP locations. I am trying to configure this package as SQL JOB and schedule it.

To save the FTP password, I have choosen Protection level in package properties as "Encryptallwithpassword ". In the FTP connection manager I have given respective passwords for each connection manager.

Still I found that my package is not running.

can anyone please help me on how to configure FTP passwords in FTP connedtion managers and how to set the properties while configuring the package as SQL job in these cases.

thanks

• Hi,

We use package configurations and save the password on a config table on the sql server.

Works like a charm. You can't use expressions to set the password and the only other mthod is using a script task to set the password before you run your FTP task.

Once you run your package config thru you will need to use a script to go back and update the value as sql server will store it as *******.

I would try to avoid as a genral rule using any type of security within your SSIS package as it causes no end of problems. Unless there is some specific reason for it.

Hope this helps.

G

• Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I will try it.

Thanks

• Did you provide the package decryption password in the SQL Job Step setup dialog ? You have to select "Operating System (CmdExec) job step type and include the password to your command line. If you use "SQL Server Integration Services" job step type, it will not remember your additional command line setting.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply