Flat File Import tasks fail with Error 0xc02020a1

• Hello guys,

The import from Flat File Source fails:

Error 0xc02020a1: Data Flow Task 1: Data conversion failed.

The data conversion for column "ArticleName" returned status value 4 and status text "Text was truncated or one or more characters had no match in the target code page.".

(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

I have changed the size of the column "ArticleName" (varchar) to max but the error comes up again.

The data i want to import came with multiple flat files. They all could import properly but this one is a problem.

Has someone a idea what i can try more?

• i just had somethign similar, where the column value was the result of a convert(varchar,columnname) function.

I had to right click on the data source and select "Show Advanced Editor.

Then the tab that was labeled "Input and Output Properties"

in my case, when i expanded the tree node that says "Ole DB Source Output">>External Columns>>Specific column name, the Length was 1, instead of 30 that i expected.

once i changed it there, my package ran as expected. possible, if i converted with a specific size, that might allow SSIS to determine the 30 char length instead of my lazy assumption on thirdy chars.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply