Finding roles granted to users and group

• Hi All

Type           Role Connect    Role DoImportantThing

myDomain\VIP        Win Group    Granted           Granted

myDomain\NotVIP   Win Group    Granted            Not Granted

myDomain\A

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Is this what you are looking for ?

select suser_sname(a.sid), 'Type '= case when a.isntgroup = 1 THEN 'Win Group'

else 'User'

END

, c.name from sysusers a join sysmembers b on a.uid = b.memberuid join sysusers c on b.groupuid = c.uid and suser_sname(a.sid) is not null

• See Finding roles granted to users and group(2) thread for full text ( I had some trouble posting the thread ).

• I am also having this problem I need to know all users for server logins as well as database users and roles.  I did see the article on 7 scripts and I did recieve some information -- however I know that some of my users are NOT sysadmin's but I need to know how to utilize the select statement to help me with this.  I have tried:

select suser_sname(sid) from sysxlogins

select name from sysusers

The one from the article

SELECT 'ServerRole' = A.name, 'MemberName' =

B.name FROM master.dbo.spt_values A, master.dbo.sysxlogins B WHERE A.low = 0 AND A.type = 'SRV' AND B.srvid IS NULL

AND A.number & B.xstatus = A.number

This is very helpful but I need to know the user, login, and the role  for each database I have just have not reached that point yet with the sys tables

Any help please....

Sheila

Sheila Conlon (getting back)

• okay this is what I have found!!  use

exec sp_helplogins

this will give you server logins, database users, and permissions! 

Sheila Conlon (getting back)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply