Exporting to MS Word

• Do you think in the future Reporting Services will support exporting a report to MS Word format?  We have found some 3rd part components that will take HTML and create a Word document but I would like to use reporting services instead.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Not sure about the direct export but SoftArtisans(?) have a product that lets you both build reports and publish from word to RS but have also written an RS delivery extension to output to Word.  The end user just sees the new 'Word' option in the Export FIle Types DDL in the RS toolbar.

Steve.

• You do not need any form of third party software, if you have already got html reports working then all you need to do is change your response content type in your script to "application/msword" for it to create a word document to the web client.

• Can you please tell us more detail how you accomplish this? And what do mean when you say changing "application/msword", where do you need to change this.

Remember, I’m trying to do this in Reporting Services 2000 and I don’t have ASP or ASP.Net page where I call reports, I’m using Report Manager.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply