Export tables to textfiles with columnnames in TSQL query !

• Hi all,

My question are how can I export tables to textfiles from SQL Query analyzer?

I tried the bcp utility but it can't get the columnames out ?

In this case I want to export tables to textfiles as semicolon with quotes, how can i do that ?

Help please 🙂

Hamada

• You may fare better using DTS from Enterprise Manager.

In enterprise manager, choose Tools -> Data Transformation Services -> Export Data. 

Follow the prompts, and you can name target type, separator of semicolon, etc.

HTH

Jonathan

• In Query Analyzer, choose <Query>, <Results to File> from the Menu. Then run youe query in analyzer and point to or name a new text file to send the data to.

• Thanks for the answers.

But the problem is we are talking about 79 tables, and I don't want to do that 79 times???

I want to create a script so it can run automaticly, cause I have to do it every month 🙂

aem

• do u mean you have to back-up our 79 tables structure, every month? do you want the table structure, or just the tables names in one text file seperated by a semi-colon?

have you tried to execute a combination of sp and xp_cmdshell

• Hi again,

Yes I want to export 79 tables from the same database to 79 textfiles in the same folder in SQL query analyser. The textfiles format I want it as semicollon with quotes.

How can I do that ?

And I don't need to create a package because i use difference server versions.

aem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply