executing dts package

• I created a DTS package directly inside a server with windows authentication mode. Now I am trying to execute the package hrough sql client under sql authentication. THe package executed fine from the server, but it fails while executing through sql client. I get an error

"login failed for user(null) not associated with trusted sql server connection."

error source: microsoft ole db provider for sql server.

thank you

• How are you executing the package?

If it needs Windows auth, you need to call it from an account that uses Windows auth or there are no credentials.

• If i execute through windows auth it succeeds, but if I try to execute thorugh sql auth it fails.

thank you

• When do you get the error with the SQL account? When you connect? Or when you try to execute the package?

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I get an error when I try to execute

• Check to see if that account has the right to execute packages.

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• this sql account has sysadmin previlege

• Are you executing through BIDS? sp_start_job? How?

• How are you running the package?

It's starting to look like when you use the SQL account, the package does not have the Windows credentials it needs and fails because of that, or it uses a default account which does not have sufficient rights.

Also, does the package connect to another machine?

Alvin Ramard

• I am executing theourgh DTS degin tool. Even if I run the job that created by package will give me the same error.

But everything is fine on windows auth.

• Package doest connect with any other external machine. Well I created package directly login on windows server, then from that I open sql server 2000 and went to DTS and create a package, the pacakge is scheuled and its running fine, but when I am trying to run package manually from the sql account thorugh sql client which is installed in my pc, i am start Iam getting that error.

fyi i am login windows server via administrative account.

• It sounds like you have a data connection in your package that is using a Windows login. When you connect to SQL server using a SQL login, the package does not have a Windows login to use.

When you connect with a Windows account, the packages uses that account.

When you run the scheduled job, the package will use the account used by SQL Server Agent.

Looks like you need to connect with a windows login, or change the connection properties of that data connection.

Alvin Ramard

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply