ExecuteProcessTask Erro in DTS

•  I have a Execute Process Task in my DTS job, It gives the following error, how do i need to resolve it. pls HELP.

"CreateProcessTask 'DTS Task_DTSCreateProcessTask_2': Process return code 1, which does not match the specified SuccessReturnCOde of 0"

• Either your process is not returning an errorlevel value that is the standard value of 0 (zero) on successful completion, or it is throwing an error.  If you are scheduling your job, the account under which it is executing may not have the needed permissions to execute.  Also, check your path to the executable and verify that you can actually run this command from the command prompt.

-Mike Gercevich

• Yeah my error clearly shows that my process is not returning 0 instead its returning 1. I didnt shedule my pkg yet, trying to execute individual task from my DTS but getting error, when i run that command from dos prompt it working OK. Looks like weired for me.

• OK, How can I make sure that my process return erro level value of 0.

• Are you passing any parameters to the process?  If so you will need to put them on the parameters line.

Also make sure you are specifying the proper parameters in the parameters box. 

Usually an error level of 1 means something isn't happening correctly with the process you are calling.  Is this a custom app or something one of us may have seen/worked with before?  When you run the app does the expected results happen before you receive this error? IE if you're calling a batch file can you send the output to a log file to see what's happening to debug at that level?

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• I've seen this exact error and every time we see it, we know we've hard-coded a path to an object within the package.  If one of the objects in the package is referencing a file (like a PERL file) in a specific path and that object isn't located in that path, then it'll return that error.  For example, if one of the objects in your package is C:\Scripts\VND_STG_Sales.pl, and that file is in the C:\Scripts directory on the server, if you try to run it from your local machine and you don't have the file in a C:\Scripts directory on your machine as well, you will see this error.

I hope that helped.

Jeff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply