execute process task in SSIS 2008

• Hi everyone,

I have an Execute Process Task that run a batch file (FTP) on server1. It works when I run it from my local desktop. Then when I remote into server1 and run this process, it gets stuck. Any idea what is going on? how can I get around this?

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I'm running this manually. Not using the sql server agent.

• Does it work if you run the batch file outside of SSIS while remoted in?

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• No, phil.

It only does work if i run it locally.

• When you remote in to the server, do you use the same network login credentials as you use on your local PC?

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• I have experienced something like this before..

The desktops were configured to proxy FTP and had a piece of software to allow that. The servers did not, and by policy WOULD not. However the firewall could be configured to allow an outbound connection from a specific IP address inside our network. We were also required to use a passive connection, which the MS http://ftp.exe does not support. If it is freezing up it is likely getting logged in but dying nearly right after. You could simulate this by remoting into the server and using the FTP client and do what the batch file is trying to do manually..

CEWII

• When I do it manually it still gets stuck. I'm guessing the server1 is being blocked. Not sure what is blocked though. Maybe the port? maybe the server1 IP?

• Are you doing it with a passive connection? If not it is probably the connection coming back in through the firewall which isn't usually allowed.

If you are then the firewall may simpy be blocking that IP.

Are you specifying an IP address or a name, if name, when you ping does it resolve it to the IP address, it probably won't get any of the packets back but resolving to the IP is another potential issue.

CEWII

• Any one got the solution for the above problem to work ?. i have a bat file in remote machine when i try to run it through Execute Process Task in ssis 2008. it got stuck. Any idea. please let me know...

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply