EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'sp_xml_preparedocument', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys' in web based sql server

• Hi,

I am getting the below mentioned error while executing certain SPs in Microsoft Corporation Web Edition (64-bit) SQL Server, Please help me in solving the same issue.

EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'sp_xml_preparedocument', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys' in web based sql server

With Regards

DM

• What login are you using to execute it?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• I tried with sa and a normal login which has all DML operations and Exec permission, but it is not having sysadmin rights.

i am also not able to grant bulkadmin rights aswell.

With Regards

DM

• Login sa gets a permission-denied error? Is that correct?

If so, check if sa is still a sysadmin. If it is, then SQL Server is running under permissions at the domain/server level that are interfering with running those, and you'll need to check in that environment.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• sa login is not having sysadmin rights, checked with it. i am getting the below issue.

i am not able give permission to msdb as well.

The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'sp_xml_preparedocument', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys'

• If sa has been removed from the sysadmin role, you need to get with whomever is in charge of security for your database server and work out what login to use for this.

Property of The Thread

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply