Error with a DTS

• Hi !

Here are the log of an DTS execution :

"DTSRun: Loading... DTSRun: Executing... DTSRun OnStart: Copier les données de Résultats vers \\Wmp-pczno\sap_transfer\WMDBSAP.txt Étape DTSRun OnError: Copier les données de Résultats vers \\Wmp-pczno\sap_transfer\WMDBSAP.txt Étape, Error = -2147217887 (80040E21) Error string: Error opening datafile: Access is denied. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services Flat File Rowset Provider Help file: DTSFFile.hlp Help context: 0 Error Detail Records: Error: 5 (5); Provider Error: 5 (5) Error string: Error opening datafile: Access is denied. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services Flat File Rowset Provider Help file: DTSFFile.hlp Help context: 0 DTSRun OnFinish: Copier les données de Résultats vers \\Wmp-pczno\sap_transfer\WMDBSAP.txt Étape DTSRun: Package execution complete. Code de sortie du processus 1. L'étape a échoué."

Could someone help me ?

• I've had this error with excel files when the source or destination file was already open.

Paul Ibison PhD, MCSD

email: Paul.Ibison@btinternet.com

Paul Ibison
    Paul.Ibison@replicationanswers.com

• Thank's for replying !

I think that the user of sql server is not authorized to write in the folder where the text file stands.

I put the text file on a NT server with the rights to read and write and it works !

• Whenever you have an "access denied" be sure you check security.

Thanks for the followup.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• I understand your point to case-sensitive columns, as I've often come across data that is compared and defined by it's case.

I'm a .NET programmer that does all the back-end tier coding. Most of the web-based services and applications I work with use SQL Server. Time and time again I come across a scenario where I deal with case sensitive data, and from past experiences I have learnt to deal with the difference in the upper-layer tier. I'd rather have the data I'm working with be non case-sensitive, then convert/compare/view it as it needs to be in the application itself.

I realise that everyone has different scenarios, but I find (as a coder), that working with data once it's been pulled from the database is safer to manipulate and easier to organise.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply